In due course, the concept of kitchen has changed. In recent days it is not just treated as a place for preparing and serving food for the family members. Instead, the open space of the kitchen is used to execute multiple functions and so it is called the heart of your home. It has become a big part of every modern family regardless of its size.
A well-decorated kitchen reflects your complete lifestyle:
The kitchen is supposed to reflect your lifestyle. It should have all the things that one needs while cooking, and your kitchen should have proper space to fulfill your dining needs and should have ample storage space. Its décor should match with the architecture of your home. There are many things that should be well thought-out before remodeling your kitchen. Before selecting kitchen, appliances or visiting a cabinet showroom it is better to set some goals for the space that is available with you. Kitchen renovation is not at all an easy task so it is better to consult a professional who is expert in this type of job. There are many kitchen designers and architects available in the market whom you can contact for help for your kitchen renovation project.
Things that should be considered before planning for kitchen renovation.
- Size of the space that is available – The size of the kitchen plays a vital role in the renovation process, especially in a small kitchen. The size will decide the requirement of the kitchen. Is there enough space for preparing a sink or is it possible to squeeze extra storage space depending upon the size of the kitchen? Is it required to knock down the kitchen wall in order to extend it to your home? The kitchen designer or an architect is the best person to help you out in this respect, so it is better to consult with him or her.
- The layout of the existing kitchen – First you have to consider the layout of your present kitchen and what are the things that you like in it. How you used to move in the existing space, is it troublesome to move from the range to the sink or how effectively can you work in the same space when two of you are cooking together? These are the probable questions that you should ask yourself before renovating your kitchen.
- Kitchen infrastructure – While remodeling you have to tackle the plumbing and the electrical part also. For doing this you can take the help of an architect or an engineer team to ensure that your kitchen can accommodate all the latest appliances and lighting that you want to install. While the remodeling process is in progress, always keep yourself receptive. Knowing your needs is important but it is also important to recognize the changeable items that a builder or designer may require during the process of renovation.
- Lifestyle of the user – How is the kitchen going to be used, what type of food is to be cooked there etc. are some of the common questions which have much priority in designing your new kitchen. It is especially important to know the kitchen likes, dislikes, problems and wishes before remodeling your kitchen. This is done so that the new design has an entire range of well-thought-out variables that can solve the existing problem but those that are also capable of solving five other problems.
- Budget – it is especially important to set a realistic budget plan that figures between 6 and 10 percent of the home value for a comprehensive kitchen renovation. The materials and finishes may sometimes change your mind and make you go over your budget.If you’re planning to renovate your kitchen in Singapore but not sure how much it costs, Kitchenate has come up with a rough guide (here) to help plan your renovation.
So make yourself comfortable with your cuisine zone by just hiring a professional kitchen contractor now and see how your house looks beautiful after kitchen renovation.